Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Animals that Scare Me

I just wanted to share that last night I had a dream (nightmare?) that I was visiting one of the farms that I buy from at the farmer's market, and all I really remember from the dream were these giant mutant turkeys that were as tall as giraffes but had huge bodies. So apparently the book is having a pretty real affect on me, consciously and subconsciously.

I did ask around at the farmer's market yesterday. I only bought meat at two stands - the poultry stand does NOT grow their own animals, but the stand where I bought the beef does. But Dave and I did find a local meat CSA that we might join. And they let you pick what you want so you don't just get a box of whatever they want to give you, and you can skip weeks. They basically use it like a debit account instead of a true CSA. Pretty cool.

Yesterday I did pretty well. No meat for dinner, and I had leftover ribs for lunch, which were from the market. So the only questionable thing was the bacon in the beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment