Monday, July 5, 2010

Animals I Ate

Since my last post, I just want to take a few minutes to think about the meat I have eaten so far. What would I have given up for 4th of July this weekend if I decided to only eat local meat?

Real Meat (aka it was farm-raised and I am relatively confident about what is in it):
Ribs
Half the chicken in the chicken dip


Crap (aka I don't know where it was raised and there is a 99% chance it was raised and slaughtered by an industry I don't want to support):
Chili at Hoss's
French Onion Soup made with beef broth at Hoss's
Bacon in the baked beans
Bubba burgers
sliders


So far, even though we are buying our meat at the farmer's market, I am eating almost twice as much meat that wasn't from the market. Plus there are things you just don't think about having meat in them, like french onion soup. Being a vegetarian must be hard.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that your buying local and actually watching what you cook so you know what's in your food. I made squash spaghetti the other night and it was delish. Keep posting :D

    ReplyDelete